Clean and Refresh the Garbage Disposal
I’m in need of an easy cleaning task in the kitchen today. How about you?
Great! Let’s focus on the garbage disposal.
The best way to clean and disinfect your garbage disposal is to just do it when the opportunity strikes!
- If you peel and orange to eat or use squeeze a lemon in a recipe, throw the rind in the garbage disposal and give it a whirl.
- After you wash the dishes and wipe down the counters and sink, throw a couple of ice cubes in the garbage disposal and grind away.
- When you’re cleaning the kitchen, grab an old toothbrush and scrub all the crevices in the opening of the garbage disposal and the drain opening to the second sink (if you have one). You’ll be amazed at the transformation you can get by using a little elbow grease.
Of course sometimes you need to be intentional about cleaning the disposal, so if you haven’t done it in a while, use your Spring Cleaning 365 time to do it today!
Your assignment for today:
- Continue working on habit #2.
- Clean and refresh your garbage disposal. Clean your sink if you don’t have a disposal.
- Keep working on your cleaning schedule.