If you’ve been spring cleaning with us since the beginning of the year, then you’ve already implemented some great habits:
- Cleaning Habit #1: Tackle your problem area
- Cleaning Habit #2: Clean your kitchen every night
- Cleaning Habit #3: Do one thing. just START.
Now that we’re starting a new month, it’s time to start a new habit!
Cleaning Habit: Put Items Back Where They Belong
Some of you may not understand this habit because you naturally put things away when you’re finished using them. But some of you, like me, will make huge strides in the cleanliness of your home by implementing this one habit.
This seems obvious to say, but our homes get disorganized because our “stuff” is out of place.
- We move an item from one room to another, but never put it back.
- We pull baking items out of the kitchen cabinet to cook, but don’t take the few seconds needed to put it back on the shelf.
- We try on a shirt, realize it doesn’t work with the outfit and throw it on the floor instead of hanging it back up.
- We take a travel cup to the car, but let it sit there a month instead of brining it back into the house when we arrive.
The examples are endless.
We’re constantly moving things around…which by the way, is exactly what we should be doing. But we should make it a habit to put things back in their spot as soon as we can.
Say this out lout:
Take it out. Put it back.
Then do. 🙂
Your assignment for today:
- Get a head start on this habit: Take 5 minute right now to put some of your stuff back where it belongs!
- Consider customizing your Spring Cleaning 365 experience so you can tackle the room you want, when you want.
- Then tell me all about it!